Bitcoin casinos have become more and more popular lately since it allows many operators to avoid strict regulations required by traditional online casinos. On this page, we’ll cover the best Bitcoin casinos around the world and also explain what’s important to check before choosing a bitcoin casino.
The Bitcoin casino sites offer users a large, ever-expanding library of casino games and slots. All of the Bitcoin online casinos on this page allow gameplay with bitcoins to all the games and slots available for each online casino. You’re able to play slots, for example, from the popular software providers like in traditional currency casinos. The Bitcoin casino sites are all instant-play casinos, where you don’t need to download any software.
Best Online Casinos Accepting Bitcoin Currency
- BitStarz Casino
- Slot Wolf Casino
- BetChain Casino
- Zet Casino
- Oshi Casino
- Alf Casino
- NitroGen Casino
- PlayAmo Casino
Some of the best online casinos accepting Bitcoin as a currency to play casino games and slots are also ranked at our Top 10 Online Casino listings. Many of the bitcoin accepted casinos also have an MGA license, which means that players are able to play in the regular currency as well, like Euros. All of the casinos which accept bitcoins work perfectly on mobile. Some of the casinos can be also considered as the best casinos for high rollers, and TopOnlineCasinos.bet has also issued two certificates to bitcoin acceptance online casinos.
What Are Bitcoin Casinos?
The term ‘Bitcoin casino’ can refer to any online casino or sports betting site that accepts Bitcoins either in preference (or alongside) fiat currency. In recent years, several popular Bitcoin casinos have emerged to offer a tailor-made list of casino games and services for gamblers seeking to transact in Bitcoins as opposed to fiat currency such as the Euros.
Bitcoin casinos can offer traditional casino slots and table games such as roulette, but they can offer sports betting, online lotteries, or spread betting as well. Rather than use the term Bitcoin or ‘BTC’, many Bitcoin casinos instead use the term ‘mBTC’ or ‘millibitcoin’ – a term denoting one-thousandth of a Bitcoin, or 0.001 BTC.
Are Bitcoin Casinos Legit?
The legislation of Bitcoin gambling is very new and leaves a lot of space for speculation. Operators starting their online casinos that will accept Bitcoin are often confused by controversial facts and ambiguous decisions of authorities in regard to the cryptocurrency.
Desiring to operate their business in a legal way, they try to find out if offering gambling services for Bitcoin is legal, whether a casino needs to be licensed, and players from what countries can be accepted. One of the best practices for online casinos using Bitcoins is offering fiat currency as an option as well to customers. Bitcoin casinos like BitStarz and SlotWolf Casino certainly follow this practice.
Here are some useful key points that need to be understood about Bitcoin gambling casinos:
- In general, there are no specific laws regulating Bitcoin gambling. It is neither officially allowed nor prohibited.
- The attitude of different authorities to Bitcoin casinos is changing quite rapidly, with more and more countries looking at Bitcoin positively and discussing regulation of cryptocurrencies and blockchain-based services. However, most governments today are still not referring to Bitcoin as to real currency. If it’s not a “real” currency, any regulations around traditional (fiat currency) online casinos should not be applied to Bitcoin gambling casino websites.
- Despite the above, in countries where gambling is strictly prohibited, like the United States, the authorities may still take strong measures against Bitcoin gambling websites and/or gamblers who make wagers with Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin gaming websites offer the benefit of increased anonymity to players. Bitcoin payments combined with anonymizing techniques like Tor make it extremely hard for the authorities to trace gamblers.
- A few reputable gambling jurisdictions already issue licenses to casinos accepting Bitcoin (notably, Curacao and the UK Gambling Commission), which means they accept the responsibility of controlling the operation of cryptocurrency websites. As long as the online casino is following the rules and regulations of the chosen jurisdiction, it operates legally.
It is important to understand that a casino license is absolutely necessary for a gambling business to pass the application for a merchant bank account and to officially work with electronic payment systems. When the casino website is working with Bitcoin, all of the payment processing can be performed internally with no third party services involved that can control the crypto payment infrastructure. Deposits and withdrawals are transferred almost instantly and Bitcoins move directly between the players and the casino’s Bitcoin wallets. Thus, the necessity to present a gaming license to any financial institution is eliminated. Therefore one could argue that when it comes to working with Bitcoin, a gambling license is optional or at least not a prerequisite to accepting payments.
How Do Bitcoin Casinos Work?
Software providers remain at the heart of any online gambling or online casino business and the same holds true for casinos accepting bitcoins. Most popular casinos with large user bases run by licensing games from popular software like NetEnt, Microgaming, Pragmatic Play, Thunderkick, Play’n GO, Push Gaming, Yggdrasil Gaming, and many others. The software conducts and runs the game, with minimal human intervention.
For games needing all human players, the software plays the role of the table live dealer. Due to the digital nature of the bitcoin gambling business, bitcoin casinos face the challenge if convincing the users about the fairness of their operations. Most casinos attempt to establish trust by openly disclosing how their software algorithms work. The best Bitcoin casinos on this page are all proven fair and secure by independent audits.