The Casino streaming industry on Twitch is growing rapidly with Top Casino Streamers hitting over thousands of viewers every day. On this page, you’ll learn how to start streaming casino games on Twitch, and how to build successful Twitch channel.
On this guide you’ll learn:
- What are the PC and Internet requirements for casino streaming
- Which accounts you need to set up
- How to set up Twitch casino stream
- How to make money by streaming casino games
- Which are the optimal OBS settings
Let’s get down to the list.
Complete Guide For Twitch Casino Streaming:
PC & Internet Requirements
In order to start casino stream, you’ll need to have strong and capable enough PC and fast internet. Without these minimum requirements, you’ll hit a ton of problems.
Successful streaming on Twitch will require capabilities from your computer. Streaming is very recourse heavy, and you need to make sure your PC can run these demanding tasks.
The minimum requirements from your PC needs to be at least 8 GB of RAM, suitable multi-core processor such like Core i7 920 or similar, and fast graphic card. You should also make sure you have enough free space on your hard drive.
You can learn more about the broadcast requirements from Twitch help.
We highly recommend that you use wired connection and avoid any casino streaming over wireless connection, since the dropped frame issues in Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) will be a huge problem.
The minimum requirement for internet connection is 5 MB download, and 5 MB upload speed for at least 720p stream resolution. If you wish to stream in HD, we highly recommend to have an internet connection at least 20 MB / 20 MB.
You can test your internet speed here.
Accounts & Softwares
In order to start casino streaming on Twitch, you’ll need following accounts and software systems. Here are the most important and key accounts you’ll need to create…
The most important account in order to start streaming is Twitch account.
This is the most important factor when branding yourself on Twitch. Pick an nick name or channel name that is unique, and remember to create channels to social media also with the same name. This helps you build an brand over your Twitch channel.
Pick your Twitch username carefully, since you can change your username only once.
In order to start casino streaming on Twitch, you’ll need to create so called “Stream Key“.
You can get your Stream Key by simply accessing your Dashboard area on Twitch and clicking the “Stream Key” link.
A popup window should appear like shown below, click Accept and then copy and paste this Stream Key into a notepad file as you’ll need this for later.
Before you can start streaming casino games on Twitch, you’ll need at least one real money casino account. This is where you’re going to play your games, and which viewers will see.
We recommend you to pick an online casino, which offers real money game play in your country. If you don’t know which are the most popular and best online casinos in your region, see our country-by-country listings of best online casinos.
Here are some of the most used online casinos by Twitch streamers:
Casino Affiliate Account
If you wish to make money while streaming your casino games on Twitch, you’ll probably like to refer viewers to start playing as well. In order to do that, you need to set up an affiliate account into some of the casinos your are playing on.
Affiliate account means that: every time your viewer click your affiliate link and register to the casino, you’ll make money. This is like a refer-a-friend system.
Recommended casino affiliate systems:
- GiG Affiliates (Guts, Rizk, Kaboo, Thrills)
- Betsson Affiliates (Betsson, CasinoEuro, Betsafe, CasinoWinner…)
- Casumo Affiliates
- LeoVegas Affiliates
Basically this means that, if the player deposit real money to the online casino which you referred, you’ll make an certain percentage of the losses that the players creates as commission. Some of the casinos pay so called CPA (Click per Action) commissions, which means that you’ll get money if the player register or makes the first deposit for example.
Twitch streamers with a PayPal account have the option to ask their viewers to donate money directly by using the email address that is linked to their PayPal account.
There are a few ways you can go about setting it up, you can either set up a PayPal donation button, or you can link your PayPal.me link to your channel, which makes the entire process simple and transparent.
Step-by-step guide for setting up PayPal donation link:
- If you need to create a PayPal.Me account, head over to PayPal.me and follow the steps to set up your account and link.
- Click the “Send & Request” link in the top menu on the PayPal app or website on your Mac or PC.
- Click “More” in the top menu, then click the blue “Get Started” button below “Manage your PayPal.me profile.”
- Create (or turn on) your PayPal.me link. To turn on your link toggle the button to the right of “Anyone can see and send money to your PayPal.me” to on — it should turn blue when on.
- Copy the blue link at the top of your profile by highlighting it with your mouse and holding “control” + “C” on your PC or “command” + “C” on your Mac keyboard.
- Log into your Twitch account and click “Channel.”
- Scroll down to your channel and turn on “Edit Panels.”
- Click the giant “+” symbol located on the screen.
- Paste your shareable PayPal.me link to the “Image Links To” section by holding “control” + “V” on your PC or “command” + “V” on your Mac keyboard. You can also add an image for the button in the “Panel Title” section depicted above.
- Once you’ve added your information, click “Submit.”
After a donation button goes live on your page, viewers and fans alike will be able to donate to your channel via PayPal. By clicking on the PayPal panel, the image will open up a new link via your PayPal.Me link, which will take them to your PayPal profile.
OBS, or Open Broadcast Software, is one of the most popular open source solution for streaming Casino games and slots on Twitch. (as well as Youtube).
We recommend you use the 64-bit version of OBS (if you have a 64-bit Operating System).
When the OBS software installs it will create a 32-bit version of the software on your desktop, you will want to use the 64-bit version.
Once you have installed OBS, open the software…
Note the 64-bit text in the window title (as shown above), this shows that you are running the correct version. Once you have the software open click the “Settings” button located at the bottom right (above Exit).
You may also like to read the OBS Studio Quickstart here.
..Next step is to click the “Stream” tab located on the left side of the panel.
Here you can select your stream platform under “Service“. As you want to stream casino games on Twitch, select “Twitch“.
Next pick your server location. You may use the “Auto“, and the software will pick the server for you, but you may want to select a server which is nearest your location.
Copy and paste your “Stream Key” from Twitch, as shown previously in this guide.
The “Output” tab contains level of quality settings for your Stream. We recommend to use the “x264” encoder.
You should rescale output to 1920 x 1080 if your monitor resolution is higher than 1080p.
Set the Rate Control to “CBR“.
The Bitrate can be set per streamer depending on the quality of settings you use for your stream. You can experiment with this figure until you reach 0% dropped frames.
Leave the other settings as they are.
Next is the “Audio” tab settings. Leave the settings as they are on default. If for some reason the audio sample rate is other than “44.1khz“, change that to it.
The “Video” tab in settings controls what resolution and quality your stream will be.
We recommend you to use 1920 x 1080 resolution for clear stream quality, with Downscale Filter Lanczos (Sharpened scaling, 36 samples).
Set the Common FPS Values to “60”, but the “30” will also be good enough.
Note! If you hit any problem, we highly recommend you to see the OBS system requirements and other guides, wikis and info’s here.
The next account you need is StreamLabs. (download here)
StreamLabs uses your Twitch account, and it allows you to display things like Follows, Donations and Hosts to your viewers which is great for interaction.
When you first login to StreamLabs you’ll head to the “Donation Settings” page and enter PayPal donation details, which you created before.
After that, you would like to import the settings from OBS, which you created before.
Next task is to create an layout for your Casino Games stream on Twitch.
If you installed the StreamLabs OBS, you can navigate to “Themes” from the left sidebar. Here you can find “Scene layouts” for your stream and install your preferred one.
After you have installed your preferred Scene Theme, you may setup all the Alerts and Widgets as you please. When all is done, just hit the “Go Live” button and you’re ready.
Hint! If you wish to get unique layouts and widgets, we highly recommend you to find an creator from Fiverr.com, where professionals make Twitch layouts for reasonable price.
Building a Successful Channel
Simply anyone can stream casino games on Twitch, but not all can make a successful channel with regular viewers, subscriptions and followers.
Here’s few guidelines you should Do, and Avoid, when streaming casino slots on Twitch.
- Create your stream a schedule and stick with it.
- Talk and interact with your viewers as much as you can.
- Be always polite to your viewers, followers and subscribers.
- Ignore the trolls and try not to get triggered by comments.
- Allow people with good behavior be your moderator.
- Play various different slots, don’t get stuck on one slot.
- Thank you every follower, donators and subscriber.
- Always remind people to play reasonable with limits.
- Have fun.
- Never play more than you can afford.
- Create an budget for your stream, so you can regularly stream.
- Avoid playing more than your budget is for that day.
- Never trigger yourself from stupid comments (like fake money etc..)
- Avoid talking about other streamers (in a negative way).
- Don’t spam offers to your viewers.
Lastly, remember building a successful casino stream and channel takes time. Simply stream regularly, and follow the Do This -list, and you’re going get results in a matter of weeks or months. Just have fun.
Looking for Casinos to Stream without registration? See our Best Pay N Play Casinos.